Randolph County Infirmary Asylum:
Before it was built, it was originally a farm. The building was created in 1852. as a small, wooden building, holding only 16 patients. In 1854, a fire stuck the building, and killed at least 50 people. In 1855, a new 2-story brick building was built, but demolished in 1898 for a new, 50,000 square foot structure (the current one today). The new building included six large wards, several private rooms, laundry, kitchen, dining rooms, a pump house, barn, machine shed, garage, cell house, and a chicken house. It also included a cemetery, 200 yards of the home. The building closed in 2008, with a death toll at around 200, and an average patient population of 27. People died on the property by illness, suicide, hanging, and even 1 patient was pushed through a window on the second floor.
Men and Women
The men and women never mixed in the infirmary. They had their own sides of the halls and ate their meals in different dining halls. Man had more advantages then women, such as seats in the sun decks and the luxury of going outside.
On the second floor, there is a jail cell area where people have experienced footsteps, the door opening, and the feeling of being watched. Tours are $35 per person. The superintendent’s residence is another haunted room, where people encounter the superintendent himself. In the kitchen, a nice spirit names Mary is seen, and she enjoys when you bring her flowers. One paranormal team placed flowers on the counter, left for a minute, and came back in, to see the flowers were gone. In teh attic and basement, evil spirits lurk around the corners and charge at anyone who dares to make contact.
This location is highly recommend by: Bad To The Bone Paranormal